Weekly Expressive Writing Prompts – If you’d like fresh, new writing prompts every week, ones which will help you question your thoughts and beliefs around diversity, inclusion, and identity, I invite you to become a patron in my exclusive community. You can join for as little as $3 per month. Click here to understand what becoming a patron means before joining the exclusive community.
Virtual Summit Production – I have a nice compliment of clients who keep me gainfully self-employed. I do have room to add three (3) more virtual summit projects to my 2018 production schedule. First, read my 6 keys of who makes an ideal virtual summit client to see if we’d be a good fit.
Creative Writing Projects – Since January 3, 2017, I’ve gotten up at 4:30am every morning (even on weekends) to write, at minimum, 750-words. I’m 14,000 words away from closing in on half a million words written. I estimate I’ll reach half a million words sometime between Dec 19th and 22nd. Many ask what my writings consist of. Here are some highlights:
- I’ve written 50,000 words of a historical fiction that has been stuck in my head since 2011. Shall return my attention to this work in 2018.
I have now turned my attention to documenting my 20+ career in tech by writing my experiences as a memoir. I begin to write on April 1, 2017 and plan to write 2,000 words per day so I can reach a 75,000 word count by April 30th. Completed 70,000 on June 2, 2017.
- I’m also writing stage plays. I especially love giving Biblical characters a voice. I co-wrote my second stage play and it was staged at my church on April 15, 2017 (more here). I have already started writing my next one which will be based on an obscure Biblical character.
- Started writing my second memoir focusing on my year long process writing at 4:30am for 365 consecutive days, because, why not. I’ve written 67,889 words so far for the second memoir. I’m aiming for 80,000 words and should reach it with five more chapters to write.
App Launch – I’m working on an app designed to connect creatives with those who want to hire them. I know, it sounds vague, but let’s just say this app will fill a very pressing need. I just have to decide which of THREE ideas I want to launch first.
Reviving Old Content – I have video and audio content, PLUS blog posts going back to 1999. Some of the video and audio content are on VHS and cassette tapes which are starting to disintegrate. I’m working furiously with my team to digitize these items before they’re lost to time. For content that is already digitized, I’m looking at how to leverage them as part of my content marketing strategy. I actually love this work because it allows me to be a biographer who’s discovering new things.
Why This Page Exists…
I’m happiest when I’m creating, not consuming. Yet, one of my sisters pointed out that I have so many unfinished projects. Creating means nothing if I don’t finish it. For example:
- Where would we be if Tolkien never finished his books?
- Or, if Beethoven didn’t complete his symphonies?
- How many babies would not have been born if Barry White decided not to finish recording his songs?
That’s why I produce virtual summits for a small number of clients and no longer teach how to do them. That’s why I get up at 4:30am every morning to write. That’s why I say “No” a lot.
If I say “No,” it’s not personal. As I’ve reached the other side of 40, I’ve become more aligned with what God wants me to do. Most things end up being a distraction from my divinely-inspired purpose, so I say “No” more than I say “Yes” these days.
Page inspired by Derek Sivers. Last updated December 13, 2017.